For VanMoof riders
Save your bike key on your phone
and keep riding
We have created a simple app to enable you to save your unique digital key and keep riding even if the servers go down.
We believe deeply that every single bike deserves to be on the road.
- Your unique digital key is in your control.
- Your data is stored on your phone. Nothing is collected on any server.
- Access to your bike's basic settings.
- It’s free.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I expect from this Beta?
- Our team is currently working on the app to provide the best possible experience. It means that some features might not be available yet, like managing A5/S5 certificates.
- Can I use it on every bike model/version?
- No. As every VanMoof model has its own behaviour, currently the app only supports S3/X3 models (tested from Firmware version 1.8.2). A5/S5 support will be available soon but we haven't planned anything for S2/X2 yet. In the meantime, we recommend you to already export your keys using this tool provided by grossartig.io so you can import your keys once your model will be supported.
- Is it safe for my personal data?
- This app is built to be privacy-first. Nothing is shared outside of the app. You only need to connect to your VanMoof account once to save your local key. Your email and password aren't shared.
- Where does the app export my digital keys to?
- In your "Files" application, you will find a JSON file name "vanmood_token.json"
- Does this app track my rides?
- Not at all. It's all about you and your bike. That's it.
- Do I need a VanMoof account to use the app?
- You only need it to save your digital key. Once it's done, you can save it locally or even export it so you can find it even if VanMoof service is down.
- What if VanMoof services aren’t available anymore?
- The app is communicating directly to your bike. You only need to connect to your VanMoof account once to save your local key. Once done, you're safe.
- Will it void my warranty?
- This app only uses existing functions directly provided by VanMoof. It simply works like a remote controller so it's exactly the same as using your VanMoof app, giving a direct connection to your bike. However, we can't be responsible for any voided warranty as VanMoof is the only owner of the bike warranty conditions.
- Who has developed this app and why?
- This project is an initiative from the bike loving software team at Cowboy. We believe deeply that every single bike deserves to be on the road and that's why we decided to build this project.